The Balsall Common Fun Run takes place annually in September and is organised each year by The Lily Mae Foundation.
The next edition takes place on Sunday 23rd September 2018 and is organised with the following aims in mind:
Balsall Common Fun Run Aims
The Trustees of The Lily Mae Foundation have developed the Fun Run to:
- Give something back to the residents of Balsall Common who have supported The Foundation over the past six years as a local charity.
- Enable bereaved parents, their families and friends to run in memory of their lost babies and to raise funds to support others who have or will suffer the same traumatic loss.
- Raise the profile of Stillbirth and Neonatal Death to as wide an audience as possible.
- Give participants the opportunity to raise money for any charity or good cause dear to their heart.
The Trustees wish to convey their indebtedness and appreciation to many local people, businesses and organisations for their continued support for the Fun Run. There are many sponsors and supporters who have helped meet the costs and to provide expertise associated with staging and promoting this year’s Run. The Foundation would like to thank and recognise the superb help and support given freely by:
- All Event Sponsors
- Those individuals who volunteer to marshal to keep our runners and spectators safe during the day.
- Local official Fun Run photographers Claire, Poppy K Photography and Stewart, Stewart Beck Photography.
- The Beavers, Cubs and Scouts of the 2nd Balsall Common Group. • The Brownies and Guides of the 1st Balsall Common Group.
- The Brownies from the 2nd and 4th Balsall Common Groups.
With all the above local support for a local community event, we are looking forward to seeing residents out on the streets once more to cheer on our runners, many of whom are raising money for a number of different charities and good causes.
The Evolution of Balsall Common Fun Run
Since the first Fun Run which originally formed part of the Balsall Common Festival in 2014, the Lily Mae Foundation has worked hard to improve the event each year.
After expanding the event to allow more runners and make it more inclusive, event organisers introduced timing chips and are now working towards having the run included in the official road race calendar in future years. Fun Run Organiser Geoff Heaps explains:
“The Foundation has been working closely with Balsall Common Run Club to help the Club provide a future run in the Warwickshire Road Race League. This year’s Fun Run will be a trial for the League and for runners affiliated to UK Athletics.
In support of the trial, the 10K course has recently achieved the UK Athletics Certificate of Course Accuracy and a Road Race Licence.
We look forward to welcoming affiliated runners from our local run clubs to take part in this year’s trial”.
Licence Number: 2018-36245
Enter the 2018 Fun Run (Sunday 23rd September 2018):