Balsall Common based Berkswell Cricket Club is gearing up for a ‘one-off’ special Youth Launch Night for all age groups this Friday 4th April, with at least five Warwickshire cricketers past and present in attendance, including Berkswell’s newly acquired, recently retired Warwickshire and England cricketer Darren Maddy.
The event aims to combine training for junior cricketers, plus social and networking opportunities for everybody including parents, sponsors, coaches and senior players. New players are welcome to attend and try out, as is anybody wishing to find out more about the club.
Berkswell Cricket Club is now firmly established as one of the leading clubs in Warwickshire and the West Midlands, with a senior side that plays semi-professionally at the highest level outside the professional county game, with a youth level coaching set-up to match.
The evening is scheduled as follows:
- 5:30pm – bar opens
- 6pm -7pm – Coaching session (weather permitting) for all youth age groups hosted by the club’s coaching partners Complete Cricket, supported by Berkswell CC coaches
- Presentations from youth management and coaching staff
- Food available from 7pm (spuds plus sweet-stall for sweet-toothed attendees)
- Fundraising raffle
There is no obligation to join on the night and children are welcome to attend a couple of sessions before deciding whether to join. The ensuing training sessions are divided by age. Youngsters from 7 years to Under 12 age groups will train on Tuesdays from 8th April (6:30pm until 8pm), with older age groups up to Under 16s training on Thursdays from 10th April (6:30pm until 8pm). Berkswell Cricket Club records thanks to Oakes Farm Shop for sponsoring this launch night event.
Venue: The Lant Sports Ground, Meeting House Lane, Balsall Common
Confirmed senior star attendees include:
- Dominic Ostler (ex-Warwickshire and Berkswell CC 1st XI skipper)
- Darren Maddy (ex-Warwickshire, England and Leicestershire and Berkswell CC 2014 signing)
- Tom Milnes (Warwickshire CCC 2012 County Championship winner and Berkswell CC)
- Nick James (ex Warwickshire/Glamorgan and Berkswell CC 2014 new signing)
- Jamie Spires (ex-Warwickshire and Berkswell CC 2014 new signing)
Anyone interested in finding out more about this Friday’s Youth Launch Night is invited to email Youth Chairman Alan Warwood, Youth Secretary Dean Wragg, or Youth Treasurer Louisa Rigden:
Email: email@example.com (Alan Warwood, Youth Chairman)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dean Wragg, Youth Secretary)
Email: email@example.com (Louisa Rigden, Youth Treasurer)