Since the arrival of Bob Smith and Beverley Clayton-Gale in Balsall Common 7 years ago, the shopping on offer at Southfields Farm on Kenilworth Road has evolved into a multi-faceted experience with a broad range of goods and services. The site, on the edge of Balsall Common on the way to Kenilworth, offers fresh farm produce such as fruit and veg, flowers and hanging baskets, as well as stores selling furniture, garden sheds, gifts and homeware to name but a few.
The most recent addition at Southfields this summer is Vanity Fair, the ladies jewellery and accessories shop, stockists of a range of designer and costume jewellery. The farm also offers the chance for children to view the animals while parents browse or visit the cafe for refreshments. In all, visitors will find nine retail offerings including:
- Southfields Farm Shop – for fresh fruit and veg.
- French Country Chic – for stylish furniture, homeware and gift ideas.
- Vanity Rocks – for ladies’ jewellery, handbags and accessories.
- Mary Mary florists – for bouquets events and weddings
- The Potting Shed – for potted plants and hanging baskets.
- The Coffee Cabin – for all day breakfasts, hot & cold drinks, and cake.
- The Ready Maid – for sandwiches, croissants, cream teas, and coffee.
- Grace Interiors – for soft furnishings, re-upholstery, and furniture.
- Woodhouse Sheds – for made to order sheds and summerhouses.
Southfields’ Bob Smith also happens to be the brains behind the new fruit and veg stall in Balsall Common village centre where he adopts a more flexible approach than you would find in most supermarkets,
“A typical price might be four pears for a pound, but if you don’t need four, we’ll let you mix and match different items, or if you only wanted to buy one item we can do that for you too” says Bob. “Some people find they end up wasting food when they have to buy set numbers of items so we can help our customers save a bit of money and cut out the waste,” Bob’s stall operates from Thursday to Saturday every week.
Southfields Farm: Mon-Sat 10-5; Sun 10-4
Fruit & veg stall (Balsall Common village centre): Thu-Sat 10-2.