11/10/04 – Balsall Common Residents Association Minutes of Committee meeting 5/1

Community Events neil writes “The residents association met on 5th October and discussed various issues. Click read more for details.

BALSALL COMMON VILLAGE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION Minutes of Committee meeting held on Tuesday 05 October 2004 (unadopted)

Present: Santos in chair, Price, Douglas, Westlake, Ellis, Wood and Deanshaw; plus 7 members of the public

1. Apologies Hatton, Patch Manager

2. Minutes of the previous meeting were confirmed

3. Matters arising

Patch Manager’s report – noted – request to check SMBC position re bollards – junction Gipsy Lane & Kenilworth Road – PM to adopt.
Compensation scheme – Birmingham airport – AD & GP to review – responses by end October
BalsallCom.Com – Association material now on line

4. Correspondence SMBC Vision – GP to review including Open Day
PCT – concerns re reduction in surgery hours – Invitation to PCT event – seek another opportunity.
Britain in Bloom – Shirley success noted
LSP – chairman to attend next meeting
Tree Strategy – noted no comments

5. Ongoing Issues – planning – application – 205 Duggins Lane – offices & residential – officer recommendation for refusal – regretted – opportunity to remove an eyesore missed. Noted that one house demolished in Kenilworth Road.

6. Village matters
Police Shop – concern expressed about lack of opening times
Stop sign needed at exit / entrance to Library car park – PM to adopt.
Parish Plan – Chairman of Balsall PC explained the basics, asked for support – GP and 2 members of public volunteered. Further publicity needed – Lions Newsletter due in November.

7. Any Other Business
question from public – why no wheelie bins? DD to email Executive Summary.
Airport minutes – DD to write and advise BIA that NW comments were his own views and not those of the Association which continues to be concerned about noise and overflying.
Suggestion that Association meetings should be advertised in Look Local – DD to review

Meeting closed at 8.15 pm Followed by a presentation and questions on Speed Awareness by Becky King SMBC

Next meeting Tuesday November 2nd 2004 – apologies DE