darkness writes “The next full Council meeting is to be held at 7:30pm on Monday 14th June at the Studio, Balsall Common Primary School
CLERK OF THE COUNCIL
7 JUNE 2004
BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED
1. APOLOGIES: Cllr Siggs
2. PRESENTATION BY BECKY KING – WEST MIDLANDS CASUALTY REDUCTION PARTNERSHIP
The West Midlands Casualty Reduction Partnership is a member of the national safety camera cost recovery scheme, which formed in 2002 with the sole aim of reducing casualties on our roads. The presentation aims to discuss why speed is a problem, how the Casualty Reduction Partnerships evolved, what their aims are and how they intend to achieve their aims and the groups they are keen to work with to make our roads safer for everyone. There will also be discussion on where speed and red-light cameras are located within Solihull and the reasons behind why they are there.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
4. TO SIGN AS A CORRECT RECORD THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 10/5/04
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
6. CHAIRMAN’S ACTION
7. COMMITTEE AND COUNCIL REPRESENTATION REPORTS
a) Play Areas:
i. Overgrown tree at Chadwick End blocking out sunlight in a local resident’s house; if an acceptable quote has been received then Councillor Brookes will ask the Council to resolve to order the work to prune the tree.
ii. Resolution to replace a “burnt out” waste bin at Willow Park with an appropriate metal bin.
iii. Resolution to order appropriate nuts and bolts to fit footholds to climbing frame.
b) Highways, Footpaths and Bus Shelters: the Committee will ask councillors to consider the problem of repeated vandalism at the bus shelter at Blacksmith’s Corner and to resolve to order the repair of the damage done to the newly replaced glass with a more long-standing solution and if necessary, order measures to temporarily make the shelter safe.
c) Parish Plan: Cllr Maltman will give an up to date report on progress and ask the Council to approve the wording of a letter to be sent to the Police with findings from the recently distributed questionnaire.
d) Communications: Cllr Maltman will inform councillors of any recently submitted articles for various local publications and discuss future submissions and timetables.
e) Cllr Lea recently attended a Local Strategic Partnership meeting and will be asked to give a resume of the meeting.
f) Parish Councils’ Liaison – date of next meeting.
g) Meriden Ward Forum – Cllr Maltman will give a report on the meeting held 27 May 2004. He will ask councillors to agree what further steps, if any, they wish to take on:
i. A proposal for football pitches and other sports facilities (for full discussion at a later date to be agreed).
ii. Reviewing Balsall PC’s involvement in the Forum and its format (for full discussion at a later date to be agreed).
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
a) Provisional Map of Registered Common Land and Open Country
b) Request for councillors to attend an LSP meeting to discuss the Parish Plan with other councils in Solihull who are undertaking a parish plan.
c) Potential for sharing office space at 285 Kenilworth Road – Clerk to be given authorisation to progress this and investigate options.
d) Email received via Berkswell PC on anti-social behaviour of youths in Balsall Common
a) Invoices paid since the last meeting
b) Invoices to be approved for payment
c) Orders placed without prior reference to Council
d) Resolution to approve and sign the Annual Return for 2003/2004 and the Year End Figures
e) Resolution to approve increased mileage allowances for the Clerk in line with nationally agreed rates by the National Employers’ Organisation for Local Government Services, effective from 1 April 2004.
f) Resolution to earmark money to pay for new play equipment at Oakley in 2003/2004 Year End figures
a) Co-option of 2 councillors – advertising methods to be used and permission to be given to the Clerk to action.
b) Decision required by councillors on whether to change the venue for the September meeting from the Old Hall to a more accessible and well-lit venue.
c) Decision required by councillors whether to use the Jubilee Centre, when available, for Planning Committee meetings at a cost of £12 per meeting.
d) Cllr Brookes has advised the Clerk that Richard Ghent from Chadwick Ed Football Club would like to give a presentation to councillors at the July meeting.
12. NEXT MEETING
12 July 2004 at 7.30pm at Chadwick End Village Hall.
MEMBERS OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND